Looking for help to improve your child’s Chemistry results this holidays?
Or looking to strengthen their foundation to cope with next year curriculum?
Most of the time, the solution is straightforward.
Essential concepts mastery + answering techniques.
Many Sec 3 students did well in the first few tests but did badly for their finals.
Many students claim that they know their work.
But whenever I review their exam papers, their answers is evidence of memorising rather than understanding.
Students who are aiming for A1 for their O-Level Pure Chemistry or IP Chemistry must set their Sec 3 foundation strong. This is the reason why we have selected 4 very important topics for our revision workshops.
- Preparation of Salts
- Mole Calculations
How important are these topics?
Look at the diagrams to see how they’re closely linked to other Chemistry topics.
Some topics aren’t familiar to your child as they will only learnt them in Secondary 4 or Year 4.
How will my Revision Workshops benefit your child?
The Revision Workshops will get your child to gain the momentum and confidence to:
- Revise comprehensively on key essential concepts on a topic – by – topic basis.
- Gain a better understanding of the topics.
- Interlink the relationship between different topics.
- Apply concepts on higher order thinking examination questions.
We know it isn’t easy for students to accomplish all the mentioned by themselves, with distractions from instagram, handphones, TV, friends, going out, no interest in subject, almost totally giving up on the subject…
- I am not a school teacher so I do not expect your child to show up and simply listen. I conduct the lesson like a conversation – engaging, lively and memorable. I ask questions and I highly encourage your child to ask questions anytime too! Interaction is the only way to open up your child’s mind especially if Chemistry is not their favourite subject.
- I need time for your child to understand and not memorise the concepts. To interlink the relationships clearly. To gain the confidence in answering questions. I do not force information down their throat.
- I cover everything in depth. From essential concepts to answering techniques using the correct keywords. When your child gives their 100% attention and participation during the workshops, they will have the skillset to answer questions in the topics.
- To ensure you see a drastic improvement in your child’s next Chemistry exam, you are responsible to ensure your child clarifies with me when in doubts and applies what they have learnt. While I get them understand the essential concepts, provide the channels for them to clarify, give them exposure to questions of varying challenge level, don’t you agree your child still needs to put in the effort as well?
Schedule of Workshops
Testimonials from Participants
“My basic concept of chemistry are now better and my understanding of it has improved. I have enjoyed my time here learning and recapping my skills.”
Danny Lim | Woodgrove Secondary School
“The workshop was engaging and enriching. It cleared up all the concepts I was once unsure of.”
Vania Ng | Nan Hua High School
“It helped me to improve my concepts for chemistry and now I am able to answer more questions. Lessons are interesting. It gave me more confidence to answer more questions.”
Lim Li Qun | Mayflower Secondary School
” This workshop was useful to me and allows me to have a better understanding of mole calculations as well as how to apply the formulas to the questions, thus enabling me to complete the questions rather smoothly and better confidence in mole calculations.”
Louisa Tan | Crescent Girl’s School
Click on the + for the answers.
How is the workshop conducted?
- Designed into workshops with a focused topic(s) coverage, including key essential concepts, application strategies, relationship linkage, easy-to-remember analogies for understanding abstracts.
- Our lessons are delivered in an interactive manner: participants are encouraged to take part in questioning and answering in every workshop. This ensures your child learns effectively within the shortest period of time.
Who is the trainer?
Sean is probably
- the only Chemistry specialist since 1999 who is
- the invited book author for BOTH the O-Level Pure Chemistry and A-Level H2 Chemistry Ten Year Series.
This also means your child can have direct access to him for discussion on his approach in solving each and every single question from the Ten Year Series.
He is also the rare few Chemistry tutors who is familiar with BOTH the O-Level and A-Level syllabus which is the reason why IP Chemistry students benefit greatly from his Chemistry tuition classes.
Most school teachers and private tutors only know either the O-Level or the A-Level Chemistry syllabus. For Sean, his experience and mastery of both the syllabuses allow him to connect the basic concepts in GCE O-Level Pure Chemistry and the advanced concepts in GCE A-Level H2 Chemistry together. This allows students to understand the essential concepts thoroughly, just like a crystal ball in their hand. For O-Level Pure Chemistry students, there are concepts and phenomenon which their school teachers want them to just memorise it. When asked, the teachers were not able to explain further. This is where Sean comes into the picture where he uses advanced chemistry concepts to explain clearly to students the real reason and concepts so that they truly appreciate it.
Being a certified Neuro-Linguistic Practitioner (NLP), Sean communicates effectively to his students and changes the students’ perception towards Chemistry; from initially dreading the subject to gradually finding more interest. He believes his NLP skills play a major role in unlocking the superpowers in his students to score in Chemistry and enjoy learning.
Many who came to us are low in confidence for Chemistry and Sean always have his way to encourage and motivate them to relearn Chemistry and do their very best. About 70% of our students are recommended to us, from our ex students and their parents, from private tutors and school teachers. This differentiates him from Chemistry teachers and other Chemistry tutors.
Who can attend the workshops?
The workshops are for
- Underperforming Sec 3 & Sec 4 O-Level Pure Chemistry & IP Chemistry students who have the grit to do much better but lack the skills and proper guidance.
- Students who are looking for an easier way to understand Chemistry through analogies and everyday life examples (which are not taught in school)
We also welcome Secondary 1 & 2 IP students to join us. Whether your child is preparing for Raffles Academy, Chemistry Olympiad or just having the interest to learn more about Chemistry, we welcome them.
How big is each workshop?
Every workshop is kept to a maximum of 20 students.
According to his students, Sean delivers his lessons effectively no matter how small or how big the class is.
We are capping it to 20 to allow Sean to interact with all students.
Where is the workshops held?
The workshops are conducted at Winners Education.
Blk 261, Waterloo Street, #03-21, Waterloo Centre, Singapore 180261
Bras Basah (Circle line: 3 mins walk)
Bencoolen (Downtown line: 5 mins walk)
Bugis (East-West/Downtown line: 8 mins walk)
How can I pay for the fees?
Payment must be made within a day to confirm registration. Bank details will be provided upon successful registration.
- FAST Bank Transfer or PayNow (UEN)
- Self deposit cheque at any OCBC
Is there weekly class after these revision workshops?
Yes! 2020 Sec 4 Pure Chemistry classes are held on the following days & time:
Bishan (next to Bishan library):
Every Tuesday 5-7pm and
Every Thursday 5-7pm
Every Saturday 10am - 12pm and
Every Sunday 1230pm - 230pm
All classes are taught by Mr Sean Chua personally. To register for weekly classes, please WhatsApp or call 88290998.