Looking for help to improve your child’s Chemistry results this holidays?
Or looking to strengthen their foundation to cope with next year curriculum?
Most of the time, the solution is straightforward.
Essential concepts mastery + answering techniques.
Many Sec 3 students did well in the first few tests but did badly for their finals.
Many students claim that they know their work.
But whenever I review their exam papers, their answers is evidence of memorising rather than understanding.
Students who are aiming for A1 for their O-Level Pure Chemistry or IP Chemistry must set their Sec 3 foundation strong. This is the reason why we have selected 4 very important topics for our revision workshops.
- Preparation of Salts
- Mole Calculations
How important are these topics?
Look at the diagrams to see how they’re closely linked to other Chemistry topics.
Some topics aren’t familiar to your child as they will only learnt them in Secondary 4 or Year 4.
How will my Revision Workshops benefit your child?
The Revision Workshops will get your child to gain the momentum and confidence to:
- Revise comprehensively on key essential concepts on a topic – by – topic basis.
- Gain a better understanding of the topics.
- Interlink the relationship between different topics.
- Apply concepts on higher order thinking examination questions.
We know it isn’t easy for students to accomplish all the mentioned by themselves, with distractions from instagram, handphones, TV, friends, going out, no interest in subject, almost totally giving up on the subject…
- I am not a school teacher so I do not expect your child to show up and simply listen. I conduct the lesson like a conversation – engaging, lively and memorable. I ask questions and I highly encourage your child to ask questions anytime too! Interaction is the only way to open up your child’s mind especially if Chemistry is not their favourite subject.
- I need time for your child to understand and not memorise the concepts. To interlink the relationships clearly. To gain the confidence in answering questions. I do not force information down their throat.
- I cover everything in depth. From essential concepts to answering techniques using the correct keywords. When your child gives their 100% attention and participation during the workshops, they will have the skillset to answer questions in the topics.
- To ensure you see a drastic improvement in your child’s next Chemistry exam, you are responsible to ensure your child clarifies with me when in doubts and applies what they have learnt. While I get them understand the essential concepts, provide the channels for them to clarify, give them exposure to questions of varying challenge level, don’t you agree your child still needs to put in the effort as well?
Schedule of Workshops
Testimonials from Participants
“My basic concept of chemistry are now better and my understanding of it has improved. I have enjoyed my time here learning and recapping my skills.”
Danny Lim | Woodgrove Secondary School
“The workshop was engaging and enriching. It cleared up all the concepts I was once unsure of.”
Vania Ng | Nan Hua High School
“It helped me to improve my concepts for chemistry and now I am able to answer more questions. Lessons are interesting. It gave me more confidence to answer more questions.”
Lim Li Qun | Mayflower Secondary School
” This workshop was useful to me and allows me to have a better understanding of mole calculations as well as how to apply the formulas to the questions, thus enabling me to complete the questions rather smoothly and better confidence in mole calculations.”
Louisa Tan | Crescent Girl’s School
Click on the + for the answers.